Links courtesy of US Peace Council, Peace and Fact Finding Delegation to Syria in July 2016
- Various statements on Syria from the US Peace Council at <http://uspeacecouncil.org>.
- USPC open letter 2015 October 10 to peace movement raising threat of direct confrontation between US and Russia, referring to Project for a New American Century and proposals for peace. <http://uspeacecouncil.org/?p=2748>
- US Peace Council statement 2013 March 24 demonstrating lies used to demonize Syrian government and justify violent overthrow, listing actions Syrian government took to respond to the nonviolent opposition, explaining the grand imperialist strategy described in the Project for the New American Century that before 9/11 required the US to overthrow 7 governments, most of which has now been accomplished. <http://uspeacecouncil.org/?p=2266>
- Statement from Veterans for Peace calling for an end to US war on Syria and reparations. VFP Vice President Gerry Condon co-led the USPC delegation. <https://www.veteransforpeace.org/our-work/position-statements/stop-war-syria-dont-be-fooled-war-propaganda/>
- TV Press Conference with USPC Delegation to Syria at United Nations. <http://webtv.un.org/watch/bashar-ja’afari-syria-and-us-peace-council-representatives-on-syria-press-conference/5077088426001>
- Syrian TV interview with members of USPC Peace Delegation. Questions are in Arabic, answers in English with Arabic in background. <http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-peace-council-delegation-visit-to-syria-our-governments-are-attempting-to-destroy-this-noble-country-vanessa-beeley/5540516>
- Former UK ambassador to Syria tells skeptical interviewer that UK and US should back off. He does not accept that nonintervention means support for Syrian government.
- Youtube videos of Veterans for Peace workshop on Syria with Gerry Condon. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4Uoen5MaU>
- Dr. Tim Anderson, author of “The Dirty War On Syria,” TV interview. A concise, compelling analysis of the history of the war often from government sources and the nefarious role of the mass media. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF21hR0PgbQ>
- Vanessa Beeley details the role of NGOs including the White Helments and various Foundations in furthering the violence in Syria onThe Alternative View. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG6gb31VJHA>
- Vanessa Beeley, journalist member of the Peace Delegation to Syria, is on the ground in Syria; discloses here CNN’s journalists embedded with ISIS; visit of Delegation to Maaloula. Links to other Beeley articles. <http://21stcenturywire.com/2016/08/04/syria-cnn-normalizes-suicide-bombers-and-embeds-reporters-with-isis-and-al-qaeda/
- On 2014.Oct.2 Vice President Joe Biden tells the Harvard Kennedy School that US allies Turkey, Saudi and the Emirates have been supplying ISIL, which grew out of Al Qaeda Iraq and moved into Syria. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25aDP7io30U> He later apologizes for telling the truth. <http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/05/vp-biden-apologizes-for-telling-truth-about-turkey-saudi-and-isis.html>
- Radio interview links
Kevin Pina, Flashpoints, with Henry Lowendorf, USPC. Starts at 27 minutes. <https://kpfa.org/player/?audio=240205>
Cheryl Curtiss interviews Henry Lowendorf on Syria delegation. <http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/program/88013>
David Swanson interviews Judy Bello from United National Antiwar Network. <http://davidswanson.org/node/5247>
- News, web interview links
Muslim Press with Madelyn Hoffman:
Mount Olive Chronicle with Madelyn Hoffman: <http://www.newjerseyhills.com/mt_olive_chronicle/news/flanders-activist-sees-a-different-side-of-syria/article_9e9c42b4-98bb-596c-9f6d-8ab390334f45.html>
- Article by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., outlining the efforts of the US government to overthrow one Syrian government after another since WWII. <http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/02/rfk-jr-why-arabs-dont-trust-america-213601>
- University of Sydney lecturer Dr. Tim Anderson’s book, The Dirty War on Syria, describes what is happening in Syria including historical background and the media’s role. Print $15.00 or PDF $9.45 <https://store.globalresearch.ca/store/new-the-dirty-war-on-syria-washington-regime-change-and-resistance-print-copy/>.
- Eva Bartlett recent TV interview. Bartlett just spent 9 weeks in Syria, including Aleppo, and challenges US government and other media distortions on what is happening in Syria and who the criminals are. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uizEIEOsjg>
Website is <https://ingaza.wordpress.com>
- Ken Stone reports on a delegation to Syria 2016 April that observed national elections. <http://www.crescent-online.net/2016/04/election-day-in-syria-ken-stone-in-damascus-5333-articles.html>
- Robert Parry evaluates President Obama’s policy of spending $500 million to train “moderates” to fight against Syria. <https://consortiumnews.com/2015/10/10/obamas-two-timing-foreign-policy/>
- Robert Parry points that the kind of thinking that led to the war on Afghanistan and Iraq is being recreated to support the war on Syria and its escalation to a nuclear confrontation. <https://consortiumnews.com/2016/10/05/new-group-think-for-war-with-syriarussia/>
- Salon article shows Hillary Clinton and other officials knew the truth about Saudi, etc., funding terrorists. <http://www.salon.com/2016/10/11/leaked-hillary-clinton-emails-show-u-s-allies-saudi-arabia-and-qatar-supported-isis/>
- Report on UK delegation to Syria: <http://21stcenturywire.com/2016/09/06/syria-uk-peace-delegation-meet-with-president-assad/>
- A commentary on the use of children in war, or hiding them, to promote a political position. <https://off-guardian.org/2016/08/25/a-tale-of-two-syrian-boys-only-one-of-whom-is-supposed-to-matter/>
- Vanessa Beeley, independent journalist who joined our delegation to Syria, analyzes the White Helmets, a fully orchestrated Hollywood and Madison Avenue production. <http://21stcenturywire.com/2016/10/02/the-white-helmets-campaign-for-war-not-peace-rla-and-nobel-peace-prize-nomination-should-be-retracted/>
- Former Iraq weapons inspector and marine Scott Ritter dissects the White Helmets as part of the anti-Assad coalition, although he accepts the WH assertion that it actually saves lives. <http://www.truthdig.com/report/page2/white_helmets_inherent_contradiction_americas_syria_policy_20161005>
- Max Blumenthal exposes the worldwide PR war led by an outfit called Syria Campaign and funded by the US State Department, UK Foreign Ministry, Saudis, Qataris and private individuals like George Soros. <http://www.alternet.org/world/inside-shadowy-pr-firm-thats-driving-western-opinion-towards-regime-change-syria>
- Steven Chovanec summarizes the biased coverage on Aleppo. <https://consortiumnews.com/2016/10/08/selective-outrage-over-aleppo-bombing/>
- Patrick Cockburn compares the biased coverage of Mosul and Aleppo.
- Eva Bartlett in 2015 excellently reviews the history of the conflict in Syria, exposing the massive propaganda efforts to mislead the public, containing ample and varied references.